Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tony Roma's Revisited

I love ribs and I've always loved Tony Roma's. The last time I had dinner in Tony Roma's Glorietta was six years ago (really, that long already ) but even before they moved to Glorietta, we used to visit the original branch in Greenbelt 1 near the old San Mig whenever we craved for great tasting ribs.

So after six long years , with a craving for ribs and curious to see if Tony Roma's is as good as I remember it to be, we had lunch and ordered a half slab or ribs with fries and a Thai Peanut salad to start.




Thai Peanut Salad P375

The Thai Peanut Salad was ok. It had strips of grilled chicken breast , when combined with the asian peanut sauce tasted like a chicken satay. I'm a fan of chicken satay so it was good for me. The greens, the julienned carrot strips with the diced tomatoes were ok.

Original Baby Back Ribs Half Slab P680 

The half rack /half slab of ribs were as good as I remember it. Falling off the bone meat with that smoked barbecue sauce..yum!! I was transported back 10 years ago if not more, because they were able to sustain the taste and quality of their ribs.



Service was great too, the staff friendly and efficient and not too over eager. They still give you that complimentary house bread with herbed butter.

happy campers..


All I can say is , Tony Roma's, you still have it after all these years. Still the best ribs in Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment