Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hermanos Taco Shop

This unassuming taco shop along Granada Street shares the same space with Petron and sits beside Arny Dadings Peachy Peachy ( yumyum!) . The signage says authentic Mexican food.  With all the Mexican grills and kitchens we have in the metro, this is an interesting claim.



The first thing I noticed when we stepped inside is that the owner is Mexican. Señor Rene personally greets all  the customers and take your orders. He's very friendly too and asked where do I usually go for my Mexican fix because  I told him I love the cuisine of his home country. The menu board boasts of tacos, burritos, tamales , quesadillas and chimichangas. Gosh, I wanted to order everything but had to settle for the fish tacos ( I've heard so much about their fish tacos ) and the beef burrito.  We had chips and salsa also while waiting for our order. 

Chips and Salsa 

We love the chips, the texture and taste is different from the ones served in Ristra's and B & T Kitchen. I think its because their homemade masa is better. 

Fish Tacos 

The fish tacos.. hmmm.. they're good with the roasted tomato salsa and a squeeze of lemon but there's a missing element for me. Maybe I was missing the fresh tomatoes? But it was still a pleasant dish and the tortilla used is very good, it's not the typical pale version commonly used here. This is probably Señor Rene's personal rendition of the fish tacos. 


Beef Burrito 

The beef burrito was really good! The beef was flavorful , moist and tender wrapped with Mexican rice and other veggies. The rice alone is good. 

It was a great lunch and  I can't wait to be back to try their tamales and other goodies. Took a picture with Señor Rene for posterity. Ole! ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment