Thursday, December 8, 2011

Barcino

I've been to Barcino several times but it was only a month ago, during the birthday dinner of two friends at their Greenbelt branch that we were able  to take pictures of the tapas and the paella.


We ordered the good old favorites , crab croquettes , gambas, chorizo pamplona, brie trufado, seafood paella and we tried their squid cooked what appeared to be sisig style for me.


Crab Croquettes


I love tapas and a croquette or croquetta is one of my favorites. I love how crunchy it is outside and creamy on the inside. I remember in Barcelona, we would frequent the tapas bar along Las Ramblas and elsewhere in the city  and grab these cute yummy logs with the other  tapas on toothpicks.  Some tapas bar are self service, diners just get from the tapas buffet and almost all the tapas are on mini sticks including your chorizos, gambas, twirls of jamon and after your meal , you just go to the counter and pay the corresponding amount for the number of sticks you've consumed. 

Barcino's version doesn't fall short , I love it and I think it's better than Tapella by Gaudi. 

Gambas 

You can never go wrong with this dish. This is good.

Brie Trufado


Brie turfado is simply caramelized onion topped with brie cheese served on a slice of bread. Tapella serves this exact thing on fluted bread and it's one of my favorite tapas in that resto. Barcino upped the ante by adding truffle and it was heavenly. Now I have to go back to Tapella and decide which is really better haha..

Chorizo and the Squid dish 
We ordered two kinds of chorizo and we liked the other one better because it was so mild and not salty. The other one, pictured above  was a bit salty for us already. The squid dish at the right is Barcino's version for me of a squid sisig, chopped tender squid in olive oil, topped with crumbled chorizo , bell peppers with a bit of chili for heat. It was good, I liked it.

Seafood Paella 
Barcino's paella is good and can easily serve 4  to 5 specially if you're already full from the various tapas, still we managed to eat a good portion of it saving enough space for dessert at the nearby Bizu.

I love Barcino and I know my other friends feel the same way. Good food, wine and happy memories! Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment