Sunday, December 18, 2011

Manila Maki

"I think I just died and went to maki heaven",  this is what I told Alain Panlilio, managing partner/owner of Manila Maki after trying their Laguna Roll, one of their premium rolls. Manila Maki is this cozy Japanese Filipino fusion restaurant tucked at the ground floor of Elizabeth Place along HV Dela Costa, Salcedo Village in Makati.

This is the Laguna Roll, crispy salmon belly with kesong puti in sushi rice and bacon bits topped with spicy salmon. Divine. Love at first bite.  The taste is nothing short of heavenly. It even comes with this special sauce but the Laguna Roll in itself is really good already.

Laguna Roll
Laguna Roll
We also tried the Manila Maki - nilasing na hipon with mango and kani salad in garlic sushi rice topped with fresh tuna and a special mango dressing. This is another brilliant creation and equally good but if I will be forced to  choose between the two  I will pick the Laguna Roll but this is a must order too!
Manila Maki

Manila Maki

Before the rolls, I had a bowl of their miso soup. I can't start my meal without a bowl or cup of soup and their miso soup tasted so fresh ,  you can actually  taste the hint of tamarind they added to give it a Pinoy flavor.

Comforting Miso Soup


Aside from the premium rolls, there's the  Sabahi Belly sushi. Crispy bangus belly in teriyaki sauce on sushi rice. Mmmm... I love it.

Sabahi Belly
And of course , no Japanese meal would be complete without the Ebi Tempura. I like it, crispy, not oily and the sauce was okay. It was perfect with the rolls.


The last ordered dish is the Sisigdon. Oh my god if you love sisig, you have to order this dish. It's real pork sisig and when I say real, not the sisig that's mostly chopped chicharon they put on sizzling plates. Their sisig has that sweet Japanese sauce,  on top of Japanese rice with chicharon bits and a few chili flakes for a bit of heat. I super duper love this dish that I almost finished it to the last grain because I just love Japanese rice and the sisig itself was simply delish.

Sisigdon

There was very little room for dessert that's why we weren't able to finish the yummy banana fritter ala mode that Alain sent to us. It tastes as good as it looks. 
Drool!!!

I was beyond happy, imagine I had tempura and sisig in one meal with a pretty darn good maki and a sinful dessert ..sigh. Thank you Alain and Manila Maki for a wonderful meal.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mars! Everything looks delish esp. the Sisigdon! We should go there again ha!

    ReplyDelete