Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chop House



Chop House is located at Trinoma and we ended up eating in this restaurant because we wanted to try a place that is unique to that mall and doesn't have branches elsewhere. It was Christmas Day and in between family gatherings , we found ourselves in this mall for some last minute errands and wanting to avoid the crowds , we picked Chop House simply because I haven't seen it elsewhere. Something new. That's me.

The house specialties obviously would be steaks and chops but after the heavy noche buena the night before and anticipating the Christmas dinner , I opted to stay away from the meat. 

We ordered the Spanakopitas, Barbecue Chicken Asian Salad, Pesca Puttanesca and Pulled BBQ Beef Rib Sandwich .

Spanakopitas P175


The Spanakopitas are crispy triangles of spinach and feta cheese in pastry or a Greek spinach pie simply put. This is ok but I'm not really raving about their version, I've had better.

Barbecue Chicken Salad P130 Solo
The salad is alright,I like the dressing even if the chicken strips didn't really taste like they were barbecued if not for the sauce. The solo serving can be good for two.

Pesca Puttanesca P265
The seafood puttanesca is fine. I like the sauce and it had enough shrimp, fish and squid though the squid wasn't really tender. This pasta dish is  not really spectacular, but it's okay because this is a steak place after all and not a trattoria.

Pulled Barbecue Beef Rib Sandwich P240

I only took a small bite of this sandwich , which is really M's order so I can try it and taste wise it's ok because of the sauce  though some of the beef strips were a bit tough. Love the fries.

It was a pleasant meal  but I feel the dishes we ordered lack a bit of flair. Maybe the steaks are good but I'm not really a steak person so I might have to think twice if I will eat here again.


1 comment: