Monday, January 16, 2012

Napa Bar and Restaurant


Something new and somewhere near my office..with this in mind, we ended up at Napa along Scout Borromeo. I think Napa used to be Napa Bistro or something and it's originally located at the Il Terrazo building though I never got to try it until last week.  Obviously, the owners got inspired by Napa Valley, the world famous wine region and they translated it into this really spacious bistro and restaurant that's like divided to an al fresco dining area , the cozy indoors with function rooms and other pocket dining areas with warm and charming interiors.

We were set on having salad, pizza and pasta or salad, pizza and one main course. We got the chopped salad, a pizza that was split between margherita and five cheese and fish and chips because I was craving for thick cut fries.

Chopped Salad 

We love the chopped salad, lettuce, tomatoes , cucumber, onion , carrot strips , chopped chicken breast cubes and ham (not really sure 'coz I don't eat ham) in a creamy dressing. There's nothing really new about this salad but it was comforting , something you can prepare at home that tastes good and can offer to your guests.

Margherita and Cinco Formagio ( five cheese pizza) 
You can have two flavors in your pizza so we tried the cinco formagio (five cheese)  and the margherita, both are okay but I like the cinco formagio better. The crust is thin and crispy but firm enough that it doesn't collapse when you bite into it.

Fish and Chips

As  mentioned earlier I  was craving for thick cut fries to go with the fish  but they turned out to be thin and not so crispy, a few notches above shoe string french fries. I'm guessing they used Dory fish, it's just so commonly used here and I avoid ordering it since I prefer other types of fish like halibut, cod or snapper but the fries made me do it haha...

Napa offers comfort food , that's how I see their menu, nothing really super unique but it was a pleasant meal.  We  didn't get to try their desserts though because we wanted to have crepes in Cafe Breton but they offer interesting sweet endings as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment