Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Greens Vegetarian Restaurant

Obviously, I'm no vegetarian but we just wanted to re-visit Greens along Scout Castor , sort of a detox from all the meat we've been consumming.  The last time I've been here was ages ago and I was curious if they added new items, or what we call faux dishes in their menu.

Greens uses vegemeat which others are not a fan of , they'd rather have the real vegetables. Once in awhile I apprecite it, the same holds true for Bodhi, another popular vegetarian food joint.

I ordered a minestrone soup and a pastel combo meal which includes organice brown rice.


My minestrone soup ( on the left) is watery and a bit bland. 

We had soy cheese melts and fried oyster mushrooms for appetizers.


Soy Cheese Melts

The soy cheese melt is like their version of the fried mozarella sticks but made with cheese containing no animal fat? This crispy log is okay, the cheese was wrapped in kani and breaded and fried to a crispy.


Fried Oyster Mushrooms
We usually make oyster mushrooms at home, we season it and dip it in cornstarch and fry in hot oil. Their version okay, I guess no one can mess up a simple dish like this.
Aglio Olio Pasta
They said the pasta is simple but good.

Now here's my order.


The pastel is covered in crust but the crust is so gummy! Oh well, so much for that. Taste wise, the pastel is a bit bland and paired with the brown rice, I wish I just ordered their classic barbecue or tofu and mushroom kebabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment