Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Achiote

Achiote is the newest Mexican joint of Chef Robby Goco. I admire Chef Robby's passion for good food ( Cyma, originally Ristras et al) so when I learned he opened a new Mexican resto at the Power Plant mall, I just had to try it . And we weren't disappointed.


We had the chips and salsa, carne asada burrito and mushrooms quesadillas. As expected, the burrito was huge and split into two.



Chips and Salsa


It was good and I like the long grain rice they used. I like the burst of flavors in every bite. One half is more than enough for one person but we still had the mushroom quesadilla.


Mushroom Quesadilla with Salad
I like the dressing they used on the salad. It was a mild lemon vinaigrette with a hint of sweetness. It was the perfect side dish to 4 huge quesadilla pieces filled with shitake mushrooms, mozarella cheese , beans , onion and other stuffings ( I didn't bother dissecting the piece, I was just too happy eating it haha ). This is definitely good for sharing.

We were stuffed like a burrito after but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment