Wednesday, March 28, 2012

TummyTripManila in Bacolod: Calea

I've heard so many good things , rave reviews about Calea's cakes, their cheesecakes and other pastries so it was only fitting that immediately after our lunch at Aboy's , this was the next pit stop.


Calea's Cakes

I was dazzled with their display of cakes and frozen desserts. I wanted to order everything but settled on a slice of white chocolate cheesecake, mud pie and apple pie.

The cheesecake was heavenly, melt-in-your-mouth without being too sweet. I love it, it's different from the compact and heavy cheesecake some pastry shops in Manila serve.

White Chocolate Cheesecake



The mud pie had an orea cookie crust and chocolate ice cream, ganache and almond slivers. It was equally good.

Mud Pie


The same holds true for the apple pie.
Apple Pie


I'm in love with Calea. I hope the quality stays the same the next time I get to visit Bacolod.

1 comment: