Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lorenzo's Way in Greenbelt 5

If you're a fan of the LJC group ( Cafe Adriatico, Ang Hang, Abe, Bistro Remedios among others) then you should try Lorenzo's Way in Greenbelt 5. This restaurant gathered all the signature or bestselling dishes from the LJC Restaurants into one comprehensive menu making it possible for you to enjoy the squid tactics of Anghang while having your beef salpicao from Cafe Havana.

It was a relaxing Saturday lunch and good thing we came in a little before 12 noon because all the tables inside are already reserved. God probably knew I'd be disappointed so He made sure there's one free table waiting for walk in diners like us..haha! The interior is very cozy and warm with the wood panel design accentuated by the ceiling lamps giving that flushed glow. You have to give it to the LJC group or to Larry Cruz himself for creating restaurants that showcase good food in a world class setting. For sure , we all enjoyed a meal or two at the original Cafe Adriatico in Malate , one of the local restaurants that I admire in terms of decor and ambience , given its turn of the century charm. But Cafe Adriatico is another story. Going back to Lorenzo's Way , we ordered the following, the Baked Cheesy Spinach and Banana Blossom Dip for appetizer, the binukadkad na pla-pla with buro and kangkong with lechon kawali for the main course with garlic rice.

Baked Cheesy Spinach and Banana Blossom P225

Super yummy not to mention healthy! A heavenly and creamy dish of spinach , banana blossom (puso ng saging) and mushrooms with melted cheese baked to perfection ... And I think I tasted a hint of roasted garlic also.. This is served with bread sticks, 8 pcs if I remember correctly but you will definitely order more because it's so good..


Binukadkad na Pla-Pla P385

This is ok, it was crispy, yes.. and it was served with buro ( fermented rice) but it had a bit of the fishy taste just a bit hmmm but it was huge! I think it serves 3 people ...but I still think Mesa's crispy tilapia with four sauces is better.

Kangkong Lechon

I'm into veggies and I love crispy pork so order I must this dish. The kangkong is great nothing really fancy, the lechon kawali could have been more tender but the skin is crispy enough. Please, I like my meat tender and falling off the bone so the same holds true for the lechon kawalis and crisy patas/knuckles/trotters of this world. The lechon kawali could use around 15 to 20 minutes more of boiling time ( I would know because I cook myself ) maybe the chef turned off the flame a bit earlier but it was still a pleasant dish overall..

It was a good lunch and no surprise that the place was packed with families , just like me , craving for old favorites given a new spin in this melting pot of a place that will surely serve a dish you can have your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment