Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lugang Cafe

Suddenly everyone's talking about xiao long bao. I've tried this soupy dumpling years ago and honestly I'm not really a fan , I prefer the other dimsum varieties so I'm amazed that as of last year , everyone seems to be crazy about it with the opening of Crystal Jade and now Lugang. My friend Darcy invited me to Lugang Cafe ( I haven't tried Crystal Jade) so I could finally try it and what can i say? The xiao long bao is good , I haven't tried Din Tai Fung's but Lugang's is good. I don't know how you can re-invent the xiao long bao so it was good for me. We got the pork, the angled loofah and shrimp , the vegetable dumplings, dandan noodle soup and for dessert the green tea smoothie. Everything was delicious but it was the green tea smoothie that really did it for me. Smoothly shaved ice infused with green tea with some sort of red beans towering like a parfait..sigh.. green tea heaven! Next time I visit Lugang, I will try the other iced desserts they have and of course their staple dimsum. Incidentally, the place is nice too, the interior is very modern, chic and they place nice ambient music that will make you think you're in a lounge or wine bar instead.

note: we went straight to the food i forgot to take pictures except for the half eaten green tea smoothie and angled loofah and shrimp xiao long bao


1 comment: