Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lunch at HK Choi

There's Choi Garden, Mr. Choi Kitchen and HK Choi. HK Choi is the one located at the SM Megamall Atrium , operated by Choi Garden also.

We ordered the spinach with seafood soup. I love soups. I prefer starting my meals with a hot soup ( at home, we always have a soup stock on stand by).


It looks small but the serving size was enough for our group of 5. Minced seafood mixed with healthy spinach leaves in a thick broth. Yummy! It wasn't salty and I hope no MSG was added .

We tried the seafood salad roll. This is such a winner. Crabstick, fish fillet, shrimps in a creamy salad dressing  wrapped in breadcrumbs and fried until they're golden brown. I love this dish because I'm fond of croquettes ( and other crispy and crunchy stuff) .   Actually, this dish reminds me of a hot prawn salad in disguise.


We had 3 or 4 orders of dimsum but they vanished quickly , just took one picture of the hakaw/hargow.  I still prefer the dimsum in Gloria Maris Greenhills but it was ok.


The beef with broccoli was good. The beef was tender and I liked that they fully cooked the broccoli. I don't like half cooked veggies, I feel that they don't get digested easily.



This is their version of the lemon chicken. It looks funny. I was expecting plump chicken breasts or boneless thighs instead of strips. Next dish please..



The lohon chay vegetables with tofu made up for the lemon chicken.

Except for the lemon chicken , everything was perfect with rice, lots of it...

 More carbs from the birthday noodles. I love noodles but got disappointed with this dish, something is missing , it's neither here nor there..


Still, it was a good lunch even with a few misses. The restaurant is spacious enough for big family gatherings and service wasn't bad at all.

2 comments:

  1. Funny how you always remember where and what we ate. I don't exactly remember seeing you with a notebook, jotting down all these goodies we chowed down. :D

    ReplyDelete