Sunday, February 13, 2011

Uncle Cheffy's at Eastwood

We were invited for a baptism reception at Uncle Cheffy's Eastwood and Mon , the host, pulled all stops with the food! I felt like I just died and went to calorie heaven after haha..We were served the following: pumpkin soup, shrimp and pomelo salad, lechon kawali salad ( i know right?!?) US Beef Rib Fingers, Panizza, Salmon Wrapped in Pastry and a crepe dessert which I forgot to take a picture of. The shrimp and pomelo salad was delicious , as well as the panizza, in fact I like it better than the Dear Darla of Yellow Cab ( I haven't tried C in Angeles which they say serves good if not the best panizza also) . The panizza was thin and easy enough to roll with your usual arugula and alfalfa sprouts , it served as the perfect appetizer light and breezy before the next salad arrived, the lechon kawali salad. Wow! Crispy lechon kawali bits..I love crispy pork namely crispy pata , lechon kawali, pritchon.. so it was such a delight to eat this salad..Actually, I forgot what the salad tasted like but because of the lechon who cares? Hehe.. In fairness, the salad was ok too its just that the lechon kawali took center stage. Next came the beef rib fingers, love this dish! The sauce tasted perfect, the beef was falling off the bone and it came with the baby potatoes. To balance the meat dishes, salmon wrapped in pastry was served but it was dry. Taste wise, it lacked a bit of salt for me and if not for the mango salsa, you would have skipped this for the dessert.

Panizza

Lechon Kawali Salad with Potato Wedges


Shrimp and Pomelo Salad

US Beef Rib Fingers

Salmon Wrapped in Phyllo Pastry with Mango Salsa

4 comments:

  1. Where is this located, in the old building? My oh my.... gotta try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marion! Had their panizza recently too. C's version is superior. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie! Thanks! I'll visit the place one time : )

    ReplyDelete